After deciding to create Matariki kites we sat down to decide on what they would look like and what we needed to do.
We were told it would be good if they could fly, however we decided to just make them first to get the first step done and then we could consider it.
We created a few brainstorms which I have attached below where we figured out the shape of each kite and what would be on them, we then assigned a kite to each person to make. We created each kite to resemble each star and its properties in the Matariki cluster.
We then arranged to have some days where we would all come in to work on the kites together. Deb sourced the bamboo to use for the frames and then we went from there making the frames and the kites.