We had a choice of four spaces to hang in. The main exhibition room, a few hallways or a stairwell. I was the most keen for the stairwell as I could see the kites looking the best in that environment however we would have struggled to hang with the high ceilings and concrete walls. In the end we decided to hang in the main exhibition space with everybody else.
We decided to hang on Friday before the project was due as everyone had been busy on Thursday. I supplied the nylon to hang the kites with and Deb, Sophie and I put the nylon on all the kites as Sonny had another commitment. He had been at Uni earlier that day and when we were there all together I had the idea to hang the kites in the order of the matariki cluster. The rest of the group agreed and we decided on that specific order. None of us had access to a ladder that day and the technician was not at Unitec so we were finding it very difficult to hang. In the end we decide to either come in on the weekend if we could or come in early on Monday morning before the project was due.
On Monday morning only Deb and I showed up at uni to hang. Sophie and Sonny could not be reached. We decided that rather than waiting we would begin to hang as we were running out of time to wait. We helped each other to hang the kites in the right positions and orientations. Sophie arrived a little later on and helped us to clean up the extra nylon on the kites and fix the hanging.
Overall I was not very happy with our project, mainly because I had no input into the final concept and was not too interested in the subject and what we were creating. I feel like the outcome has been satisfactory but in hindsight I think I would have preferred to either split the group or come up with a concept all together. However, I am happy with how the kites looked and how the end project emerged.